8C2T-1A203-AB Ford TPMS Sensor Training Tool- Activation Tool
You are buying this item locally and not from sellers claiming to be from Australia.
Each tool is checked personally on a Ford Ranger for correct operation before sending so you can be assured you will receive a working unit on arrival.
Suits most Ford vehicles including Ford Ranger and Everest.
Ford vehicles need to have their TPMS sensors re-trained or activated after the installation of new wheels and tyres or after a tyre rotation.
Following these simple steps anyone can re-train their TPMS sensors and save themselves a costly trip to the dealership.
Genuine Ford Part Number: 8C2Z-1A203-A
How to Train Ford Tyre Pressure Monitor Sensors TPMS
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, then press and release the brake pedal.
2. Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position for 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
3. Press and release the brake pedal.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
*The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully.
The instrument cluster will display TRAIN LF TYRE.*
6. Place the tyre pressure monitor activation tool on the LEFT FRONT tyre sidewall at the valve stem.
Press and release the test button repeatedly on the TPMS Tool until the horn beeps.
(It may take up to 6 seconds for the tool to activate the sensor, Leave the tool on the sidewall for the entire 6 seconds).
The horn beeping indicates that the body control module has recognised the TPMS sensor.
7. Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding confirming programming of the LF tyre,
place the TPMS tool on the RIGHT (Drivers Side) FRONT tyre sidewall at the valve stem and press the test button to activate the sensor.
8. Repeat step 7 for RIGHT REAR followed by LEFT REAR tyre in that order. The procedure is complete after the last tyre has been trained.
When training is complete, the instrument cluster will display TYRE TRAINING COMPLETE.
For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure is verified by turning the key to the OFF position without the horn sounding. If the horn beeps twice when the switch is turned to OFF the training procedure was not successful.
NOTE: If the vehicle or wheels/sensors have been stationary for more than 30 minutes, the sensors will go into a “sleep mode” to conserve battery power. It is necessary to wake them up by simply moving them or rolling the tyres before they will communicate with the vehicle.
NOTE: The TPMS training procedure must be done on one vehicle at a time, in an area without radio frequency interference – at least 1 metre away from other vehicles equipped with TPMS sensors.
1pc x NEW 8C2T-1A203-AB Ford TPMS Sensor Training Tool
1pc x Velco strip to attach inside glove box
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.