Newbie to this Forum

A place to introduce yourself to the community
thalls01
Donator
Donator
Model Of Vehicle: EVEREST TREND UA
Year Of Vehicle: 2015

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this Forum however well known to the Ford Everest Forum and as a Veteran Grey Nomad regular contributor.

I have joined this Forum since recently purchasing an OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner from OBD2 Australia. I have been disappointed by the lack of support from OBD2 Australia with their hardware, and have spent hours trying to make sense of their information in relation to adding an Auto Transmission Fluid Temperature PID to Car Scanner ELM OBD2. What frustrates me is they provided 3-4 potential parameters for PIDs for Ford to establish the ATF Sensor but no cross-walk between the named variables they provide and the input labels on Car Scanner ELM OBD2, which are not alike. It becomes a tech nightmare and guesswork at best.

Unfortunately, the Ford Everest Forum [Australia] does not provide the in-depth analysis to assist either. Even Car Scanner ELM OBD2 with an invested interest, is of little help other than issuing detailed instructions on connection issues.

So in short, I am on a mission here to soak up as much information as I can in relation to making my OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner as operational as possible.

I have established I require the following sensor inputs, which appear to be CAN extensions:

1) Auto Transmission Fluid Temperature. I have this operating but unsure whether right 'Equation' used and therefore reading correct value. Will need to research further on this Forum.
2) Battery Voltage
3) Engine Oil Temperature. I read somewhere that Ford Rangers/Everests do not have an oil sensor. Can I take the reading from a related sensor?

If I could establish the correct inputs for the above, I would be fairly happy since I have access to most other sensors.

All help welcome - Tim ;)
Ford Everest 2015
Upgrades:
Dual Trans Cooler
Pre-fuel Filter
Tough Dog HD Springs with Airman Airbags
Redarc Brake Controller
Wi-fi Tyre Pressure Monitors [4]
Solar Charging via 50A Renogy MPPT DC-DC Charger
Smartbar and UHF Two-way radio
RossPat
Model Of Vehicle: RANGER XLT PX2
Year Of Vehicle: 2018
Forscan Dongle Type: OBDlink MX Black Bluetooth

Howdy.
Like many before you have found out, that Obd2 scanner makes a better paper weight than a scanner.
Seller won't return or help
Stick with the proven product, OBDlink MX + Bluetooth

The parameters they provide are usually based on overseas models, the Aussie model is different and temps could be out by up to 10deg

You model doesn't have an Oil temp sensor

Stewart's PID Calculator is here viewtopic.php?t=6907
2018 XLT PX2 in Winning Blue